Thomson Reuters Teams with Unclaimed Property Recovery & Reporting in Response to Increased Risk
ONESOURCE. One Team. One Choice.
ONESOURCE Unclaimed Property provides comprehensive services to meet your unclaimed property management needs:
- Compliance and Annual Reporting
- Audit Advocacy and Assistance
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Voluntary Disclosures
- Workflow and Process Management
- Corporate Asset Recovery
Thomson Reuters is the number one provider for unclaimed property services. Our team is the most seasoned in the industry, with over 175 years of collective unclaimed property experience.
With ONESOURCE Unclaimed Property, you'll get a national practice of former certified fraud examiners, attorneys, CPA's and unclaimed property auditors - all with Big Four backgrounds - ensuring that your unclaimed property reporting and compliance responsibilities are managed timely and appropriately.
WHAT IS UNCLAIMED PROPERTY?
Many companies holding unclaimed property liabilities are learning that proactive compliance with state unclaimed property laws is no longer an option - it's a financial necessity.
More and more states are taking proactive measures to identify and examine unclaimed property reporting and compliance. With cash-strapped budgets and a need to find new sources of revenue to balance their budgets without raising taxes, what was once intended to be a consumer-protection law has transformed into a revenue generator for many of the states and their third-party agents.
Some examples of unclaimed property:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable credit balances
- Customer deposits / refunds
- Unredeemed gift cards or other forms of stored value cards
- Rebate checks
- Stocks, bonds, dividends, and other securities
- Royalties, Insurance claims, items held in suspense
- Other obligations represented by uncashed checks/disbursements and/or tangible personal property.
ONESOURCE UNCLAIMED PROPERTY.
The best team and only choice for the solutions you need. Contact us today.